Asalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu ladies,
I hope you’re having a wonderful Jumuah with your families. This week on Instagram and on the blog we’ve been discussing motherhood and how by embracing it insha’Allah our homeschools will be successful. You can read more HERE.
But how do we embrace our motherhood, especially as Muslim mothers? Here are 20 tips that can help us embrace motherhood intentionally and wholeheartedly inshaAllah!
1. Realising our purpose like everyone else is to worship Allah and Him alone. This is the basis of ‘intentional motherhood’.
2. Understanding that everything we are given or faced with is a trial including our children.
3. Appreciating our blessings!
4. Having tawakul in Allah, and realising all goodness is from Him alone.
5. Recognising that our children are only with us for a short time.
6. Reassuring ourselves that Allah Azzawajal sees all of our efforts.
7. Balancing formal learning and natural learning for our families; nurturing comes before the checklist.
8. Making du’a constantly that we raise righteous children.
9. Taking time to pause even when things need to be done.
10. Increasing our connection with the Book of Allah and implementing the Sunnah of the Prophet (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) in our daily lives.
11. Knowing that a bad patch doesn’t make us a bad mother!
12. Striving for excellence, but without comparison with others.
13. Taking a break when feeling overwhelmed. Be it from chores, cooking or even school.
14. Simplifying things that cause stress.
15. Reminding ourselves that motherhood is unique; it looks different for everyone.
16. Listening to our needs and pausing to regain balance daily; not delaying till we get burnt out!
17. Asking for help when we need it.
18. Learning more about the Mothers of the Believers and following their inspirational examples.
19. Not overcomplicating things.
20. Being consistent and making du’a that we attain steadfastness.
Have a lovely weekend ladies!