Asalamu’alaykum ladies, I hope you are well.
I’ve been meaning to post this recipe for a while as its one I cook often, is quick (so great for days you don’t have much time), and is also easily frozen. Its a spicy creamy chicken tikka pasta sauce with spinach that uses simple ingredients but tastes so good alhamdulillah.
1kg of boneless chicken breast cut into cubes
3 tins of plum/chopped tomatoes
3 tablespoons tikka boti masala (you can find this is all asian supermarkets ). Use less if your family don’t like too much spice!
1 tablespoon garam masala
1/2 tablespoon haldi (turmeric powder)
400g of spinach (I use frozen but fresh would also work)
salt and black pepper to taste
Handful of fresh coriander
1 cup of cream (optional)
1. Pour a little oil into a pan, and add the chicken. Cook until the chicken has sealed and is white.
2. Add the tikka boti masala, garam masala, salt, black pepper. Cook until the spices become fragrant.
3. Blend the tinned tomatoes until smooth and then add to the chicken.
4. Add a little water, cover with a lid, and simmer until the chicken is cooked.
Add the spinach a few minutes before the chicken is done, so it wilts and cooks too.
5. If you are going to freeze the sauce, the sauce is now done. Let it cool before freezing in freezer-safe containers.
6. If serving straight away, stir in the cream, and top with fresh coriander (You can add these after thawing if serving from frozen).